Cedar Wrapped Calzone - Pizza
Not for just cooking fish, the Bar-B-Chef Fisharoo Grill Basket can also be used for baking a delicious calzone! Click here to check out!
Other :For a cedar flavour, use the Smoking Wooden Wraps. Click here to view!
- For the pizza dough: 4½ cups flour
- 2 cups lukewarm water
- 1 sachet yeast (2 teaspoons)
- Dash of olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Pinch of salt
- For the filling: Large can diced tomatoes
- Small container of olives
- Punnet of mushrooms
- Small can crushed pineapple
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1½ cups shredded cheese
- 150g ham
- 6 basil Leaves
- To make the pizza dough: Mix together water, yeast, sugar and oil in a large bowl and allow to stand for a few minutes.
- Mix in flour and salt.
- Knead until well mixed, adding extra flour if required.
- Stand covered for at least half an hour until the dough has doubled in size.
- Divide into two balls and roll out until about 2cm thick.
- For the filling: Chop basil and garlic finely and mix with diced tomatoes.
- Chop olives, ham and mushrooms into small pieces.
- To put everything together, firstly make sure to preheat BBQ oven to 200°C
- Roll out dough and spread a thin covering of the tomato, basil and garlic mixture staying at least 4-5cm away from the edges.
- Place some of each topping on area covered with the sauce. Make sure to not over fill as it may split once rolled.
- Starting from one end, fold it in on itself about 5cm.
- Continue rolling until complete, then seal ends and edges by squeezing pastry together.
- Get out your Bar-B-Chef Fisharoo and pre-soaked Cedar Wraps.
- Place two cedar wraps in the base of Fisharoo covering it.
- Spray your calzone all over with a generous helping of your Bar-B-Chef Non Stick Cooking Spray.
- Place into Fisharoo on Cedar Wraps.
- Tear one Cedar Wrap in half and place the halves end to end ensuring the Calzone is covered.
- Fold up the ends of the other Cedar Wraps to Cover the sides and close the Fisharoo.
- Place in your preheated BBQ for 10 minutes and then turn over for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from BBQ, cut into 5 pieces and enjoy!