Whole Crispy Skin Fish - Fish
Fancy a delicious yet simple to make fish recipe for your next outdoor entertaining occasion or midweek home cooked meal? Take a look at our popular Whole Crispy Skin Fish recipe that will quickly become a family favourite.
- 8 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup red and green chillis deseeded and finely chopped
- ¼ cup red or golden eschallots finely chopped
- ¼ cup coriander root and stem finely chopped. Keep leaves for garnishing at the end
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 3 tbsp palm sugar
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- ¼ tsp white pepper
- 4 Kaffir lime leaves shredded
- ¼ cup Thai basil leaves
- Oil for frying paste
- Heat 6 cups of vegetable oil in a wok.
- Lightly coat fish in flour.
- Place fish in wok and cook 10 minutes then turn and cook another 3 minutes.
- Drain on paper.
- To prepare the sauce: Combine garlic, chillis, eschallots and coriander in a blender and process to paste.
- Fry paste in oil approximately 2 minutes, then add fish sauce, lime juice, palm sugar and pepper and bring to boil.
- Simmer for 2 minutes, add kaffir lime leaves and tear in basil.
- Stir until basil wilts, then remove from heat.
- Serve sauce with fish and garnish with coriander leaves. As an option, add extra green and red chillis for presentation and flavour.