- 20 scallops meat only
- 1 teaspoon chopped ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon of chopped garlic
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 3 tablespoons of sweet chili sauce
- 1 bunch coriander leaves
- ½ bunch mint leaves
- 1-2 sliced red chilies
- 4 small shallots / spring onions finely sliced
- Lime juice
(Product available at Barbeques galore stores)
- 1 x BBQ with a flat plate
- 1 x Bar-B-Chef BBQ Hot Plate Liner
- Place egg in a large bowl. Whisk egg until just combined, strain the egg through a fine sieve
to remove membranes and break down the protein. Cover and refrigerate while preparing
- To make egg nets, place the Bar-B-Chef Hot Plate Liner on the flat plate surface on the BBQ
and heat over a medium heat. Dip your finger tips in the egg mixture and drizzle mixture over
the Bar-B-Chef Hot Plate Liner in opposite directions to form a crosshatch pattern or spider
web effect. Once the egg sets, turn out onto a large plate and cover with a sheet of baking
paper. Repeat process with remaining egg mixture to make four egg nets.
- For the filling marinate the scallops with the chopped ginger and garlic. Wipe the Bar-B-Chef
Hot Plate Liner clean and heat over a medium heat. Place the scallops onto the Bar-B-
Chef hot plate liner and cook on each side until golden, about 1 minute each side. Remove to
a bowl and then add the sprouts to the Bar-B-Chef Hot Plate Liner and fry quickly until hot but
still crisp. Add to the scallops and then toss through the chili sauce.
- Divide the scallops between the egg nets and then top with the mixed salad and chili. Dress
with a squeeze of lime juice.
- Fold over the egg nets and serve!