Chicken Mayo - Pizza
Featuring Bar-B-Chef Pizza Stone - Cook pizza on your BBQ!
Click here to check out the Bar-B-Chef Pizza Stone!
Value Tip: If you are cooking on a hooded barbeque with 4 or 6 burners, you can replace the flat hotplate with an extra set of grills (available at an additional cost from Barbeques Galore Stores). You can then use 2 x Bar-B-Chef Stones on the grill and cook pizzas for a large family or gathering.
How to use your Pizza stone
Home-made pizza tastes infinitely better when baked in a BBQ on a pizza stone. By reproducing the intense dry heat of the traditional pizza oven, this Bar B Chef pizza stone will ensure perfect crisp-based pizza. It distributes heat evenly and, to prevent sogginess, allows steam to escape from the dough during cooking.
- Un-sauced pizza bases
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 500g chicken breast
- 1 red and green capsicum diced
- Tomato paste – enough to cover pizza bases
- 1 x small tub bocconcini cheese
- Small bottle mayonnaise (classic)
- Bar-B-Chef Pizza Stone with Spatula
- Plain flour (to dust stone)
- 1 x bag pizza cheese mix (500g)
- Preheat BBQ to 200°C.
- BBQ chicken till cooked, then pull apart into small strips.
- Place pizza stone onto BBQ to preheat.
- Prepare pizza base with tomato paste.
- Cover base with pizza cheese mix.
- Sprinkle onion, capsicum and chicken over top of cheese.
- Top pizza with small amount of mayonnaise and bocconcini cheese.
- Bake in BBQ 12-15 minutes or until base is golden and bocconcini cheese has melted through.
- Serve immediately