- 500gm pasta flour
- 7gm / 1 sachets of dried yeast
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 350mls tepid water
- 1 x roll baking paper
- 300ml of tomato passata
- 30 prawns medium peeled and cleaned
- 30 scallops
- 2 tubes of squid cut into thin rings
- 2 tablespoons of chopped dill
- 2 tablespoons of chopped flat leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons of chopped basil
- 6 tablespoons of capers
- 1 cup of pitted black pitted olives
- 2 tablespoons dried Italian mixed herbs
- 6 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 100mls Olive oil
- 2 garlic clove finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
(Product available at Barbeques Galore stores)
- 1 x hooded BBQ
- 1 x Bar-B-Chef Pizza Stone with Spatula
- To make the dough combine all the dry ingredients into a mixing machine bowl. Add the olive
oil and enough warm water to make a soft but not to sticky dough. Mix on medium speed for
about 10 minutes or until smooth and elastic. Cover with a moist tea towel and allow to prove
until doubled in volume.
- Then knock back the dough by kneading it a few times and divide into 5 equal sized balls to
make your pizzas.
- Place your Bar-B-Chef Pizza Stone on a cold bbq, pre-heat your BBQ for 15 minutes with
outside burners on high and the burners that are located under the pizza stone on low (with
the hood down). The temperature should be around 200 to 245 degrees. For a crispier crust
on your pizza you can turn the burners underneath the Bar-B-Chef Pizza Stone on high.
- I find that rolling the pizza bases on baking paper makes it easy to handle the bases and
placing them onto the Bar-B-Chef Pizza Stone. Roll the bases out until about thickness of a
20 cent piece.
- Mix the chopped garlic with olive oil and brush the pizza base with the garlic oil. Then spread
about 3 tablespoons of pasatta spread evenly over each base and 1 tablespoon of capers.
Combine the seafood with the chopped herbs and arrange 6 prawns, 6 scallops and the
squid rings on each pizza. Sprinkle with a teaspoon of dried herb mix, stoned olives
and a tablespoon of parmesan cheese. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer the pizza base to the Bar-B-Chef Pizza Stone, don’t worry about the parchment
paper burning and close the lid of the bbq. Cook until crisp and the seafood is done it should
take about 5-8 minutes at 250 degrees.
- Use the Bar-B-Chef Spatula to remove the pizza from the bbq. Do not remove the Bar-B-Chef
Pizza Stone from the bbq until cool.