- Serves 6-8
- 8 Chicken legs (bone in) blanched
- 1 cup bg's bbq sauce or plum sauce
- 16 boiled chat of new potatoes
- 8 rashes streaky bacon cut into large strips
- 1 bunch rocket
- 1/2 cup yoghurt
- Smoky bacon or Pancetta
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 punnet yellow cherry tomatos
- 2 cups of wood chips
(Product available at Barbeques Galore Stores)
- 1 x BBQ with a warming rack
- 1 x Charcoal Companion Smoker Chips (Poultry)
- 1 x Bar-B-Chef Smoker Box
- Pre-soak your Charcoal Companion Smoking Wood Chips for at least two hours in water.
- Prepare your bbq for indirect cooking by lighting one outside burner on high . Place your Bar-B-Chef smoker box directly over the heat source to get hot.
- Place your chicken legs in a pot and cover with cold water and season with salt. Bring to the boil and then drain and refresh with cold water and pat dry with paper towel.
- Toss the chicken legs with the bg's bbq sauce and lay onto a warming rack and scatter the bacon pieces over the top.
- Place the Bar-B-Chef Smoker Box under the warming rack of the bbq. Place the chicken on the warming rack with the bacon placed on top. Place the Charcoal Companion Wood Chips in the hot Bar-B-Chef Smoker Box and once the chips start to smoke close the bbq lid and cook for 40 minutes. Remove the bacon once it is cooked and continue to cook the chicken until done.
- While the chicken is cooking boil the potatoes until tender and then drain then cut in half and season with salt and pepper.
- To make the dressing combine the yoghurt, chopped dill, garlic, season with salt and pepper and reserve for dressing the salad.
- Once the chicken is cooked through remove it from the barbeque and allow to rest. Cut the legs in half and then toss with the potatoes and bacon pieces. Arrange on a large platter,
scatter over the rocket and dress with the yoghurt dressing.