Nutritional count per serving 19.3g total fat (6.4g saturated fat); 2546kJ (609 cal); 61.8g carbohydrate; 42.6g protein; 7.5g fibre
- Prep Time:35m
- Cooking Time:35m
- ¹⁄³ cup (95g) yogurt
- ¹⁄³ cup (80g) hummus
- 1 medium eggplant (300g)
- 500g beef mince
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 small brown onion (80g), chopped finely
- 1 fresh small red thai chilli, chopped finely
- ½ cup coarsely chopped fresh basil
- ½ cup (35g) stale breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 loaf turkish bread (430g), cut into quarters
- 40g baby rocket leaves
- Combine yogurt and hummus in small bowl.
- Cut eggplant into 6 slices lengthways; discard two skin-side pieces.
- Combine beef, garlic, paste, onion, chilli, basil, breadcrumbs and egg in large bowl; shape mixture into four patties. Cook patties and eggplant, in batches, on heated oiled barbecue until browned both sides and cooked through.
- Halve bread pieces horizontally; toast bread on heated oiled barbecue. Spread cut-sides with yogurt mixture; sandwich rocket, eggplant and patties between toast pieces.