For best results, use the following equipment:
Bar-B-Chef Beer Can Chicken Meal Roaster – view here
Tip: For a complete meal, serve with gravy that can be made at the same time on the BBQ side burner!
- Prep Time:N/A
- Cooking Time:N/A
- 1 whole chicken
- ½ can of beer
- 3 large potatoes
- 2 sweet potatoes
- Quarter of pumpkin
- 4 carrots
- Mixed herbs
- Garlic granules
- Pukara Oil – Lime
- All-seasoning mix
- Preheat BBQ to 220 – 240°C.
- Cut potatoes and sweet potatoes into quarters. Cut carrots in half.
- Place all vegetables in the Bar-B-Chef Beer Can Chicken Meal Roaster.
- Baste with oil and sprinkle with mixed herbs and garlic. Mix well.
- Season chicken with All-seasoning mix.
- Place half can of beer into Bar-B-Chef Beer Can Chicken Meal Roaster and replace cover.
- Place the chicken over the top of the beer can.
- Place the Bar-B-Chef Beer Can Chicken Meal Roaster onto the hotplate of the BBQ.
- Turn burners underneath hotplate off and leave other burners on.
- Brown chicken for around 15 minutes and then add vegetables to the bottom of the roaster.
- Turn Vegetables every 20-25 minutes. Allow to cook for an hour and a half.