Featuring Bar-B-Chef Pizza Stone – Cook pizza on your BBQ!
Click here to check out the Bar-B-Chef Pizza Stone!
Value Tip: If you are cooking on a hooded barbeque with 4 or 6 burners, you can replace the flat hotplate with an extra set of grills (available at an additional cost from Barbeques Galore Stores). You can then use 2 x Bar-B-Chef Stones on the grill and cook pizzas for a large family or gathering.
How to use your Pizza stone
Home-made pizza tastes infinitely better when baked in a BBQ on a pizza stone. By reproducing the intense dry heat of the traditional pizza oven, this Bar B Chef pizza stone will ensure perfect crisp-based pizza. It distributes heat evenly and, to prevent sogginess, allows steam to escape from the dough during cooking.
- Prep Time:N/A
- Cooking Time:N/A
- 1kg pasta flour
- 30gm fresh yeast or 2 sachets of dried yeast
- Warm water
- Small tin Pineapple chunks
- Smoky bacon or Pancetta
- Chopped tinned tomatoes or ½ cup tomato passata
- 10-15 medium green prawns, shelled and deveined
- 2 fresh red chillies chopped or ¼ teaspoon chilli flakes, plus extra to serve
- Black pitted Olives
- Italian mixed herbs dried
- Parmesan cheese
- Bocconcini cheese or mozzarella
- Olive oil
- Garlic clove chopped
- Salt and pepper for taste
- 1 x Bar-B-Chef Pizza Stone (available from Barbeques Galore)
- 1 x Hooded Barbeque
- To make the dough combine all the dry ingredients into a mixing machine bowl.
- Add the olive oil and enough warm water to make a soft but not to sticky dough.
- Mix on medium speed for about 10 minutes or until smooth and elastic.
- Cover dough with a moist tea towel and allow to prove until doubled in volume.
- When ready, knock back the dough by kneading it a few times and divide into equal sized balls to make pizzas.
- Whilst rolling bases, preheat BBQ and place your Bar-B-Chef Pizza Stone directly over the heat source.
- Ensure the BBQ cover is down and heat to about 230°C – 250°C.
- As a handy tip, rolling the pizza bases on baking paper makes it easy to handle the bases onto the Bar-B-Chef Pizza Stone.
- Roll the bases out until about 1/2cm thick.
- Mix chopped garlic with olive oil and brush the base with the garlic oil.
- Spread a thin layer of chopped tinned tomato or passata evenly onto base, leaving 1cm border around the edge.
- Top with thin layer of cheese, then add chopped tinned pineapple, pancetta, anchovies, chilli, prawns and olives.
- Sprinkle extra cheese and Italian mixed herbs.
- Drizzle with extra olive oil.
- Transfer the pizza base to the Bar-B-Chef Pizza Stone, pull the paper out from underneath the pizza and close the lid of the bib.
- Cook until crisp and the cheese is melted and the bacon and prawns are cooked.
- Serve immediately with extra chilli flakes on the side.