Ziegler & Brown has some delicious and healthy recipes to cook your Ziggy BBQ.
- Prep Time:N/A
- Cooking Time:60-90 minutes
- 1 x 5 kg cooked, cold leg of ham
- 3 large apples of your choice, halved
- 3 peaches, halved and stoned
- Glaze: 260 g honey, Zest and juice of 1 orange, 1 ½ teaspoons ground yellow mustard seeds, 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon, ½ teaspoon ground cloves, ½ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg, ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- Preheat BBQ to 160C.
- Prepare the ham by lifting off the skin but leaving the fat. Score a diamond pattern into the fat. (This helps to open the ham up and to allow the flavour to penetrate into the meat.)
- Spread the glaze over the ham. Place the ham in a roasting tin and pour in water to a depth of 2 cm. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the BBQ and scatter the apples and peaches around the ham. Return to the BBQ and bake for another 30–60 minutes, basting the fruit and ham from time to time. (Be careful not to let the ham burn.)
- Cover with foil and set aside in a warm place to rest for 15 minutes before slicing.
- Slice the ham and serve with the spiced fruit.