Ziegler & Brown has some delicious and healthy recipes to cook your Ziggy BBQ.
- Prep Time:N/A
- Cooking Time:20
- 4 x 180 g mackerel fillets, with skin on
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 450 g chorizo, cut in half lengthwise
- 12 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 20 g (1/3 cup) chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds, lightly toasted
- Baby basil, to garnish
- Prepare BBQ for grilling over medium–low heat.
- To make the salad, grill the Chorizo until browned and warmed through (3 – 4 minutes per side). Remove it from the grill, dice it into small cubes, and place it in a salad mixing bowl.
- Add the tomatoes, parsley, garlic, olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, and cumin seeds, then toss to combine. Season the salad with sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
- To prepare the mackerel, season the fillets with salt and pepper and rub them on both sides with the coconut oil. Put them skin-side-up on the grill and cover with foil.
- Cook until golden brown (3 minutes), remove the foil, and flip the fillets with a spatula. Cook the fish until completely opaque throughout, for at least 5 minutes.
- Remove the fillets from the grill, place them on a platter, and serve topped with the chorizo salad and garnished with baby basil leaves.