Nutritional count per serving 44.7g total fat (11.8g saturated fat); 3432kJ (820 cal); 22g carbohydrate; 78.2g protein; 9.1g fibre
- Prep Time:50m
- Cooking Time:50m(+ refrigeration)
- 4cm (1½-inch) piece fresh ginger (20g), grated finely
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- ¹⁄³ cup (80ml) lemon juice
- ¹⁄³ cup (80ml) olive oil
- 1kg (2 pounds) lamb rump steak, cut into
- 5cm (1-inch) pieces
- ¼ cup (35g) sunflower seed kernels
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 400g (12½ ounces) baby carrots
- 400g (12½ ounces) purple baby carrots
- 2 shallots (50g), sliced thinly
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh coriander (cilantro) leaves
- 1 cup (280g) Greek-style yogurt
- Combine ginger, garlic, spices, juice and oil in a large bowl; season to taste. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the ginger mixture.
- Add lamb to ginger mixture in bowl; toss to coat. Thread lamb onto skewers; place in a shallow dish. Cover; refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toast seeds in a small frying pan until browned lightly.
- Cook carrots on a heated oiled barbecue (or grill or grill plate) about 10 minutes or until tender; transfer to another large bowl. Add reserved ginger mixture, toasted seeds, shallots and coriander; toss gently to combine.
- Cook lamb on heated oiled barbecue until browned all over and cooked as desired.
- Serve lamb with carrot salad and yogurt.