Ziegler & Brown has some delicious and healthy recipes to cook your Ziggy BBQ.
- Prep Time:15 minutes (plus 30 minutes marinating)
- Cooking Time:5 minutes
- 800 g lamb’s liver
- 1½ tablespoons ground sumac
- 1½ tablespoons ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons hot harissa paste
- 80 g ghee or coconut oil, melted
- Sea salt
- Fresh lemon, to serve
- Salad: 30g (1oz / ½ cup) shredded flat parsley leaves. 1 medium fennel, finely shaved and 1 baby cos lettuce, torn
- Dressing: Juice of ½ a lemon. 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil. Sea salt and 1 teaspoon ground sumac
- Use your fingers to remove the membrane from the livers, and remove any blood vessels with a small, sharp knife.
- Dice the trimmed liver into 2 cm cubes. Combine the spices, pepper, harissa paste and oil in a bowl, then add the liver and toss gently to coat evenly. Put aside to marinate for 30 minutes.
- To make the salad, toss the salad ingredients together in a bowl and set aside. In a small bowl, combine the dressing ingredients and mix well until combined. Set aside.
- When ready to cook, heat the BBQ to high. Thread 4 cubes of liver onto each skewer. Cook for 20 – 30 seconds on each side and season with salt and pepper.
- Remove the skewers from the grill, dress the salad with the sumac dressing and arrange the salad onto 4 serving plates. Top the salad with 2 skewers on each plate and squeeze a generous amount of lemon juice over the top to finish.