Ziegler & Brown has some delicious and healthy recipes to cook your Ziggy BBQ.
- Prep Time:15
- Cooking Time:4
- 4 x 200 g sirloin or beef tenderloin steaks
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 120 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 80 ml apple cider vinegar or sherry vinegar
- 700 g mixed vine-ripened heirloom tomatoes, cut into thin wedges
- 120 g marinated pitted olives
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed
- ½ bunch of chives, chopped
- Leaves from 1 bunch of basil
- A few handfuls of rocket
- Lemon wedges
- 1 teaspoon fried garlic chips, crushed
- To make the salad, in a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil and vinegar. Add the tomatoes, olives, capers, and chives to the bowl. Season with sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper, toss gently to combine, and allow it to marinate for 5 to 10 minutes. Add the basil and toss together.
- Rub the steaks with coconut oil and season with salt and pepper. Preheat the grill to high heat. Add the steaks and cook for 2 minutes on each side, or until cooked to your liking. Let rest for 3 minutes.
- To serve, in a bowl, toss together the rocket, a drizzle of olive oil, and a squeeze of lemon. Place a steak on each of four plates, arrange the tomato salad on top, and sprinkle with the crushed fried garlic and a few grinds of pepper. Serve with the dressed rocket and lemon wedges alongside.