This spicy chicken salad is simple, easy and totally tasty! Perfect for that hot summers day.
- Prep Time:N/A
- Cooking Time:20-25
- Serves:2 -3
- 6 chicken drum sticks, skin on
- ½ red onion, chopped up
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 1 small chili, deseeded
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 2 tbs white wine vinegar
- 1 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbs honey
- 200g rocket leaf, washed
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Salt, pepper and olive oil
- Preheat the BBQ to 200 degrees.
- Put the chicken in a bowl, oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the onion, garlic, chili, spices, lemon, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and honey into a blender. Season well with salt and pepper and blend until smooth
- Turn the burners down to low and lay the legs directly onto the hot grill
- Cook with the hood down for 20-25 mins. Baste the chicken every so often with the piri piri sauce as you turn them over so they don’t burn
- In a bowl mix the rocket with the cherry tomatoes, toss with the cooked chicken, serve