Ziegler & Brown has some delicious and healthy recipes to cook your Ziggy BBQ.
- Prep Time:35 minutes
- Cooking Time:30 minutes
- 4 pork chops (with bones), each about 300 g and 2 cm thick
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, ghee, or duck fat, melted
- 125 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 100 ml (½ cup) chardonnay vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 head Savoy cabbage
- 200 g Brussels sprouts
- 150 g almonds, toasted and chopped
- 1 handful fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 1 handful fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- To make the salad, whisk the olive oil and vinegar in a bowl and set side. Discard the outer leaves of the cabbage. Shave the cabbage and the brussels sprouts finely with a sharp knife or a mandolin, discarding any thick ribs from the cabbage.
- Combine the cabbage and Brussels sprouts in a large bowl with the toasted almonds, parsley, and mint. Add half of the vinaigrette, season with sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper, then toss together gently. Allow the salad to stand for up to 10 minutes
- Meanwhile, coat the pork chops with the coconut oil and season with salt and pepper. Heat the grill to medium-high and cook the pork chops on each side until cooked through, 4 minutes per side. Remove from the heat and allow to rest for 2 minutes.
- Serve pork chops with a side of salad