You can’t beat a pork roast, especially one with a crispy, crunchy crackling. Our simple and easy recipe guarantees you’ll get a crackle-tastic result, every time!
We used the Ziegler and Brown Triple Grill because it gets super hot but you can use any BBQ or your standard oven.
- Prep Time:N/A
- Cooking Time:N/A
- 2kg rolled pork – scored and tied
- Olive oil
- Salt flakes
- Pre-heat BBQ with all burners on to 250 degrees
- Place the pork in a large dish and pour boiling water from a kettle directly onto the scored skin
- Transfer the pork to your baking dish and pat dry with a paper towel
- Drizzle with olive oil and rub into the score marks
- Sprinkle with salt flakes and rub into the score marks
- Once the BBQ is pre-heated, place the baking dish in the middle of the grill. Cook at 250 degrees for 10 minutes. The high heat will help the skin start to crackle
- After 10 minutes, reduce the heat to 190 degress and cook for approx. 1 hour per kilo
- For the final 10 minutes, turn the burners back up to 250 degrees to finish off the crackling. This will ensure the crackling is crunchy