Ziegler & Brown has some delicious and healthy recipes to cook your Ziggy BBQ. Check out this gorgeous sardine dish with a twist!
- Prep Time:N/A
- Cooking Time:8 -10
- 1 bunch of oregano
- 12 sardines
- 12 marinated vine leaves, rinsed (optional)
- 2 anchovies
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon finely sliced preserved lemon rind
- 1 handful of flat-leaf (Italian) parsley leaves, chopped
- 200 g cherry tomatoes cut into halves
- 75 g Kalamata olives, pitted
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 150 ml extra virgin olive oil
- Coconut oil, for cooking
- Place a sprig of oregano inside each sardine and then wrap in a vine leaf.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- To make the dressing, crush the anchovies in a bowl with a fork. Chop the remaining oregano and add to the anchovies along with the garlic, preserved lemon, parsley, tomatoes, olives, lemon juice and olive oil.
- Brush the sardines with a little coconut oil, then cook on a medium barbecue hotplate for 4 minutes on each side
- Serve three sardines per person, topped with the dressing.