or buy now, pay later with
Please select from the product options to display the delivery and availability information. Example: Select your cart, burners and or colour.
A knife for whenever you need one
Morakniv Kansbol is the ultimate all-around knife. While in the woods, on a hike, hunting or at sea, it's the perfect partner. The knife is designed and made in Mora, Sweden, where they specially treat the Swedish stainless steel to enhance strength and long-lasting sharpness. The blade is profile shaped for added precision and the spine is ground so that it can be used with a fire starter.
Combined with a firm, secure grip and superb feel, this means that you'll never want to be without it. The Kansbol is best of both worlds. It's got the flexibility of a lightweight knife and the durability of a stronger one. The Morakniv Kansbol is an all-around tool designed for any situation.
Created for you in Mora, Sweden
"Kansbol combines the flexibility of the small Eldris knife and the durability of the full tang Garberg. It's this mix that makes it so great. We see that the updated design and improved features will make new users, as well as the already dedicated outdoor lovers, find their new favorite tool in Kansbol", says Arvid Larsson, Design Engineer at Morakniv.
Inspired by their roots
With origins in the long tradition of Scandinavian outdoor life, Kansbol is an always reliable partner when heading out into the wild. No matter if you want to split the firewood for starting a fire or skinning a deer, the flexibility of this outdoor favorite will be there for you. The Swedish stainless steel is of the highest quality, the Scandi grind is both useful and provides extreme sharpness. Perfect for when you want to work close to your knife and the right feel is important.
Always close by with the Multi-Mount
Together with the Multi-Mount fastening system, your Morakniv Kansbol is just seconds away. Place it on your snowmobile, canoe, or ATV--when the knife is placed in the holder it can take a bumpy ride on any vehicle. With Morakniv Kansbol as a part of your gear, you are always ready for whatever challenge nature may bring.
The names that tell their story: Kansbol
Many small cottages and barns. The cattle graze on the plot outside and every morning starts before sunrise with milking the cows or goats. This was the scenery of the Swedish 'fäbod', a place where people historically spent their summers working and let their cattle run free in the surrounding nature. Every village had their own 'fäbod', many times even two or more. This way, their ancestors could walk with their cattle from one settlement to another during the summer. In the region around Mora there have always been many 'fäbodar' and many of them still exist today.
One of these 'fäbodar' is called Kansbol. It originally belonged to the village outside of Mora where their factory lies and all of their knives are made. Kansbol lies on a mountain and the view of the surrounding nature scenery is magnificent. The wooden walls of the cottages are filled with messages from the men and women who walked here with their cattle. 'Anna', 'Kerstin', 'Erik' and 'Anders', have all carved their names on the walls as a reminder to us of the hard and various work they performed. To name their knife Kansbol after the place and the people who lived there is Morakniv's way of paying tribute to their roots. The Kansbol knife--the flexible knife that can take on a great variety of outdoor tasks--is their interpretation of the life once lived at the 'fäbod' of Kansbol.
- The coil shape in the heart of the knife is strongly related to the heritage of Morakniv. The knife with the red coil shaped handle is probably as well known as the famous Dala horse in Sweden.
- The rhombus pattern is a traditional pattern that is present in many variations in Mora and the region of Dalarna. In the handle, the pattern provides a significantly improved grip. Beside its high functionality, it also pays a tribute to their region and history.
- The outer shell of the handle is made of TPE, a rubbery polymer that provides a firm and secure grip.
- The rear part of the handle has a hole for fastening a Lanyard, rope or other gadgets according to preference.
- The handle has a built-in click lock between the sheath and handle to ensure that the knife stays in place when worn around the neck.
- The core of the handle, visible in the barrel shape, is made of polypropylene. It is a polymer that makes the knife and the handle very rugged.
- The symmetrical handle allows flexible use of the knife with a twoway fit in the sheath. The drop design on the back is big enough to keep the knife steady in your hand.
- The knife is ground with a scandi grind which makes it easy to keep sharp.
- The blade has a semi-matte finish appreciated among the outdoor community.
- The blade is 2,5 mm thick and 108 mm long. It is made of high quality Swedish stainless steel (12C27) that is treated to optimal blade finish in their own factory.
- The spine of the blade is ground to make the edge perfect for use with a fire starter. This means that you do not need to use the edge of the blade when starting your fire, which makes your knife stay sharp for longer.
- The profile grind adds that extra touch to the blade. This is a very appreciated detail of Morakniv, that first appeared on their knives in the early 90s.
- The profile grind makes the knife perfect for tasks that require precision.
Multi-Mount Sheath Features
- The knife is kept safe in the mount with a Hook & Loop fastener. It allows for secure mounting as well as a fast and easy attachment. If you are looking for a more permanent fastening solution, the Hook & Loop fastener can be replaced with a cable tie.
- The Morakniv Multi-Mount is a versatile mounting solution that takes your knife use to the next level. It allows the knife to be mounted virtually anywhere you want. It is compatible with the MOLLE standard mounting system. It has strategically placed screw holes and slots for different types of straps. Attach and detach the knife from the mount in just a couple of seconds. Of course, it is also possible to just take the knife straight out of the sheath and use it.
- The secondary locking strap has details made of leather. This natural material is probably the best choice when it comes to durability in details like these, that are put to repeated wear and tear.
- When the knife is used together with the Multi-Mount you have the option of putting a secondary locking on the sheath. This is a feature most military units require when using the MOLLE system. It is also a useful feature when you want to be completely sure that the knife stays in place, for example during a bumpy ride with the ATV.
- Blade Length: 4.3" (108 mm)
- Overall Length: 8.9" (226 mm)
- Blade Thickness: 0.1" (2.5 mm)
- Blade Material: 12C27 Swedish Stainless Steel
- Blade Grind: Scandi
- Blade Finish: Semi-Matte
- Handle Material: TPE
- Weight: 4.7 oz. (120 g)
- Made in Sweden