A perfect snack or dessert
Cooking Accessory Featured
Barbeque Hotplate Liner (pictured left)
Versatile and value for money
Helps keep the BBQ clean.
Perfect for liquid foods such as eggs, marinades & hotcakes.
Use it when cooking on communal BBQ’s for extra hygiene.
Value Tip: Bar-B-Chef hotplate liner can be re-used if washed in warm soapy water and rinsed thoroughly.
- Prep Time:N/A
- Cooking Time:N/A
- 1 1/3 cups of ricotta, cottage cheese or yoghurt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 4 eggs separated
- 1 1/2 cups of plain flour sifted
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Banana ripe
- 1/4 cup of toasted and crushed pecan nuts
- Maple syrup
- 1 sheet of Bar-B-Chef Hotplate Liner
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl and sift.
- Whisk the cheese or yoghurt, egg yolks and milk in a bowl; then mix in the flour mixture.
- Whisk the egg whites in a clean bowl until soft peak is reached. Fold into the batter in two lots as gently as possible.
- Place the Bar-B-Chef hotplate liner onto a medium hot plate. Rub a little butter over the surface. Place egg rings on top of the Bar-B-Chef hotplate liner and fill 1/3 with hot cake mixture. Cook for about 3 minutes and then turn. The hot cake should be golden brown on the bottom. Once cooked remove from the bbq and top with sliced banana, crushed nuts and lashings of maple syrup.