Ziegler & Brown has some delicious and healthy recipes to cook your Ziggy BBQ.
- Prep Time:15
- Cooking Time:14
- 4 x 200g grass fed sirloin steaks
- 2 tablespoons ghee, coconut oil, or duck fat, melted
- 150g swiss mushrooms, sliced
- 100g oyster mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 sprigs thyme, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated horseradish
- 2 handfuls of wild rocket
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil or macadamia nut oil
- 2 lemons, cut into wedges
- Preheat the BBQ to 250C. Coat the meat with a little ghee and season with sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
- Put the meat on the grill, and cook on one side for 4 minutes, or until golden, then flip the meat over and cook for another 4 minutes, or until golden and medium rare.
- Remove from the heat, place the meat on a tray or plate, and cover with aluminum foil. Allow the steaks to rest for 4 to 6 minutes and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, using an optional flat hotplate over high heat, heat the remaining ghee. Add the mushrooms, garlic, and thyme and sauté until the mushrooms are cooked through, 2 to 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in the parsley, remove from the heat, and cover to keep warm.
- Once the steaks are well rested, heat the steaks by placing them back on the grill for 1 minute on both sides.
- Place on serving plates, then sprinkle the steaks with the freshly grated horseradish.
- Toss the rocket with the olive oil and a squeeze of lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Place on top of the steaks and serve with the sautéed mushrooms and lemon wedges.