Ziegler & Brown has some delicious and healthy recipes to cook your Ziggy BBQ.
- Prep Time:N/A
- Cooking Time:N/A
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- 6 large cloves garlic, minced
- 4 fresh habanero chilies, seeded
- 60ml freshly squeezed lime juice
- 3 tablespoons tamari
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoon ground allspice
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 bay leaves
- 1kg boneless chicken thighs, with skin
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Mango and Papaya Salsa: 1 mango, peeled and diced into 1cm cubes. ½ papaya, peeled, seeded, and diced into 1 cm cubes. ½ red onion, finely chopped. 1 jalapeño chilli, seeded and finely chopped. 1 fresh long red chilli, seeded and finely chopped. 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice. 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander leaves, plus more to serve. 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves, plus more to serve.
- To make the chicken, combine the red onion, spring onions, garlic, habaneros, lime juice, tamari, coconut oil, white wine vinegar, honey, thyme, paprika, allspice, cinnamon, nutmeg, 2 teaspoons freshly cracked black pepper, and 1 ½ teaspoons sea salt in a food processor. Process to form a smooth paste. Transfer to a large shallow dish, add the bay leaves and chicken, and turn to coat the chicken. Cover and refrigerate overnight for best results.
- To make the mango and papaya salsa, combine the mango, papaya, red onion, jalapeño, red chilli, lime juice, coriander, and mint in a bowl. Mix gently together, season with a little salt, and set aside.
- Bring the chicken to room temperature before cooking. Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Remove the chicken from the marinade. Grill, turning and basting occasionally with the marinade for 15 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Cover with foil and allow it to rest for 5 minutes.
- To serve, arrange the chicken on a platter with the lime wedges and sprinkle over some cilantro and mint leaves. Pass the salsa on the side.