Ziegler & Brown has some delicious and healthy recipes to cook your Ziggy BBQ.
- Prep Time:10
- Cooking Time:10
- 4 x 200 g grass- fed sirloin steaks (leave at room temperature for 15 minutes before cooking)
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 300g kale, stalks removed and kale leaves torn
- 4 organic free-range eggs
- 80g almonds, roasted and chopped
- Preheat barbeque to high.
- Coat the meat with a little coconut oil and season with sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
- Place on the grill and cook on one side for 2 minutes, or until brown, then flip the meat over and cook for another 2 minutes, or until brown and medium rare.
- Remove from the heat, place the meat on a tray or plate, and cover with aluminum foil. Allow the steaks to rest for 4 to 6 minutes and keep warm.
- Once the steaks have rested, heat the steaks by placing them back onto the grill for 1 minute on both sides.
- Using an optional flat hotplate over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon of oil. Crack open the eggs and cook for 2- 3 minutes or cook to your liking. Season the eggs with sea salt and freshly cracked pepper. Transfer the eggs onto a plate and set aside, keeping warm
- Still using the hotplate, add 1 tablespoon of oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for 20 seconds until softened and fragrant. Toss through the kale and sauté for 1 minutes, then add 3 tablespoons of water and continue to cook for 3 – 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the kale is slightly wilted and cooked through. Toss through the almonds and season with sea salt and freshly cracked pepper.
- To serve, divide the kale with almonds onto 4 serving plates, top with steak and then the fried egg. Serve