The following recipe is taken from the The Modern Barbeque Cookbook by Ziegler & Brown by Barbeques Galore.
- Prep Time:N/A
- Cooking Time:15m
- ½ cup (120g) mascarpone
- 125g (4 ounces) blueberries
- 2 teaspoons finely grated orange rind
- ½ cup (75g) wholemeal spelt flour
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1 egg
- ⅔ cup (160ml) milk
- 2 teaspoons rice malt syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- cooking-oil spray
- 2 tablespoons rice malt syrup, extra
- Place pizza stone on the grill and preheat with hood down to 200°C/400°F.
- Place mascarpone, ⅓ cup of the blueberries and rind in medium bowl; mash with a fork to combine.
- Whisk flour, poppy seeds, egg, milk, syrup and extract in small bowl.
- Open the hood and lightly spray the pizza stone with the non-stick cooking spray.
- With the burner on HIGH, pour a scant ¼ cup of the batter onto pizza stone; and using a spatula spread the mix to achieve a thin crêpe.
- Cook for 2 minutes or until edges golden and then flip over.
- Cook the other side for a further 1½ minutes or until golden. Repeat with remaining crêpe batter.
- Spread each crêpe with a slightly rounded tablespoon of mascarpone mixture; fold into triangles to enclose. Serve crêpes topped with remaining blueberries; drizzle with extra syrup. Serve sprinkled with thin strips of orange rind, if you like.
- TIP: Use non-stick cooking spray between crêpes for smooth flipping! To ensure your stone stays hot, close the hood for a little while to get the temperature back up.