Nutritional count per serving 24.8g total fat (6.4g saturated fat); 1384kJ (331 cal); 1.7g carbohydrate; 24.9g protein; 2.1g fibre
- Prep Time:1 H 10 minutes (+ refrigeration)
- Cooking Time:1 H 10 minutes (+ refrigeration)
- 6cm (2½-inch) piece fresh ginger (30g), grated
- 2 cloves garlic, quartered
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped coriander (cilantro) root and stem mixture
- 2 fresh small red thai (serrano) chillies, sliced thinly
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons desiccated coconut
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- 600g (1¼-pound) whole barramundi
- 1 medium lemon (140g), sliced thinly
- Blend or process ginger, garlic, coriander root and stem mixture, chilli, spices, juice, coconut and oils until chopped finely.
- Score fish three times both sides through thickest part of flesh; place fish in large shallow dish. Fill cavity of fish with lemon slices. Rub coconut mixture all over fish; season. Cover; refrigerate 1 hour.
- Heat covered barbecue. Transfer fish to oiled fish grill; cook, covered, using indirect heat, following manufacturer’s instructions, about 45 minutes or until cooked.
- Serve fish, if you like, with lemon wedges and fresh coriander leaves.