Roasted Whole Chicken with Caramelised Vegetables
- Prep Time:N/A
- Cooking Time:N/A
- 40g butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 medium (250g) lemons, sliced
- 1.8kg chicken
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 small eggplants, sliced
- 3 small red onions
- 1 large red capsicum, quartered
- 1 whole garlic
- 4 large mushrooms
- 8 asparagus spears
- 1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
- Heat half the butter in a medium pan, cook lemon and brown sugar, stirring until just softened and slightly caramelised.
- Remove from pan and cool.
- Push lemon between flesh and skin of chicken.
- Place chicken on oiled roasting basket, in a disposable baking dish.
- Surround chicken with vegetables and glaze with remaining sauce in pan.
- Brush all over with combined olive oil and lemon juice. Sprinkle with black pepper.
- Cook in covered barbeque using indirect heat, following manufacturer’s instructions, for approximately 90 minutes, until thermometer registers cooked temperature.