Spiced BBQ Chicken on Rotisserie
- Prep Time:N/A
- Cooking Time:N/A
- 1.8kg chicken
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 cup apricot nectar
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon five spice powder
- Place chicken in a large shallow dish with combined remaining ingredients.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Drain chicken over small bowl, and put marinade aside. Feed chicken onto oiled rotisserie and brush with reserved marinade.
- Pre-heat barbeque and cook chicken over low burners, uncovered, following manufacturer’s instructions. Indirect method of cooking may be used to prevent flare up.
- Cook for approximately 1 and half hours, or until meat thermometer registers cooked temperature.