Ziegler & Brown has some delicious and healthy recipes to cook your Ziggy BBQ.
- Prep Time:N/A
- Cooking Time:N/A
- Beetroot chimichurri : 1 large beetroot, peeled and grated . 250 ml extra virgin olive oil, plus more as needed . 60 g loosely packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves. 1/2 red onion, chopped. 2 cloves garlic, minced. 4 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano. 4 tablespoons apple cider vinegar or red wine vinegar. 1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes
- Venison: 800 g venison, cut into 1-inch (3 cm) cubes, 100 g coconut oil, lard, or duck fat, melted. 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest. 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice. 4 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano. 2 cloves garlic, minced. 1 ½ teaspoons ground cumin. ½ teaspoon ground fennel seeds. ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- Salad: 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil. 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar. 1 large beetroot, peeled and cut into thin matchsticks. 1 handful of baby red-veined sorrel or beetroot leaves.
- Grated fresh horseradish, to serve
- Soak eight bamboo skewers in water for 30 minutes. Alternatively, use metal skewers.
- To make the chimichurri sauce, combine the grated beetroot, oil, parsley, onion, garlic, oregano, vinegar, and chilli flakes in a food processer and pulse until finely chopped. Add a little more oil if the sauce is too thick. Season with sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
- Thread five to six pieces of venison on each skewer, place in a deep dish, and set aside.
- Combine the oil, lemon zest, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, oregano, garlic, cumin, fennel, and coriander in a bowl and whisk together. Pour over the venison and turn to evenly coat. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour to develop the flavors.
- Preheat the BBQ to high. Arrange the skewers on the grill and cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, making sure the meat is slightly pink in the center (or cook it to your liking). Season with salt and pepper and finish with the remaining 1 tablespoon of lemon juice. Remove from heat and allow to rest for 2 minutes, keeping it warm, before serving.
- Meanwhile, to make the salad, whisk together the oil and vinegar in a bowl. Add the beet and sorrel, toss gently, and season with salt and pepper.
- To serve, place the venison skewers on a platter and grate horseradish over the top. Serve with the chimichurri and salad.