Featuring Bar-B-Chef Pizza Stone – Cook pizza on your BBQ!
Click here to check out the Bar-B-Chef Pizza Stone!
Value Tip: If you are cooking on a hooded barbeque with 4 or 6 burners, you can replace the flat hotplate with an extra set of grills (available at an additional cost from Barbeques Galore Stores). You can then use 2 x Bar-B-Chef Stones on the grill and cook pizzas for a large family or gathering.
How to use your Pizza stone
Home-made pizza tastes infinitely better when baked in a BBQ on a pizza stone. By reproducing the intense dry heat of the traditional pizza oven, this Bar B Chef pizza stone will ensure perfect crisp-based pizza. It distributes heat evenly and, to prevent sogginess, allows steam to escape from the dough during cooking.
- Prep Time:N/A
- Cooking Time:N/A
- Pizza Dough and Sauce
- 500gm pasta flour
- 10gm fresh yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- BG Tomato Chutney
- 400gm tinned plum tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove squashed
- 2 pricked red chillies
- Salt & pepper
- 1/2 red onion, finely sliced
- 100gm dry cured spicy chorizo sausage, finely sliced
- 100gm smoked mozzarella or 100gm salted or fresh ricotta
- 1 small handful wild rocket
- Make the dough by combining flour and salt in a mixer. Dissolve the yeast in water and slowly add to the dough and mix until the dough is smooth and elastic. Allow to rest until doubled in size.
- For the pizza base sauce, heat a little olive oil in a saucepan and add the squashed garlic. Cook until it becomes golden in colour. Add the chilli, tinned tomatoes and BG Tomato Chutney. Simmer for ten minutes and then season with salt and pepper.
- Place your Bar-B-Chef Pizza Stone in the centre of the barbeque.
- Pre-heat your barbeque for 15 minutes with outside burners on high and the burners under the pizza stone on low (with the hood down). The temperature should reach around 200 to 245 degrees. Or for that unique ‘smoked‘ flavour, cook your pizza in the Big Green Egg.
- When the dough rises, roll on a floured surface into a rough circle. Cover the base with pizza sauce then scatter with the sliced red onions, chorizo, ricotta or grated smoked mozzarella.
- After adding the toppings, place your pizza onto the hot Bar-B-Chef Pizza Stone.
- Remove pizza with Bar-B-Chef Spatula when cooked. Sprinkle with wild rocket and serve sliced.