- Prep Time:N/A
- Cooking Time:N/A
- 100gm tamarind paste (jar)
- 1 tablespoon soft palm sugar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 stalk of lemon grass finely sliced
- 1 red chilli finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon finely grated ginger root
- 1 plank for cooking ???? Soaked in water for 1 hour
- Combine all the ingredients for the marinade in a bowl.
- Marinate the salmon fillets, ensuring that they are fully smeared in the marinade for 2 hours or a maximum of 4 hours.
- Prepare your gas barbeque for direct cooking on medium high heat.
- Place you pre-soaked plank onto the heat and wait for it to start to smoke. Remove the salmon from the marinade and place skin side down along the plank.
- Pull the hood of the barbeque down and cook for about 10 -15 minutes.